Monday, December 13, 2010

Dazzle Your Guests with Personalized Game Piece Wine Charms

Letter and number wine charms are an inexpensive must-have for the hostess with the mostest. I've found that wine charms that can actually identify your wine glass come in handy. And during Flu season, it's probably a good idea to drink from your own cup. I've been to several parties where I can't remember whether my glass is the one with the pink flamingo or purple flip flop charm. When I host get-togethers, it's usually the same gang that shows up, so I've found that it's nice to have wine glass charms with the first letter of my guests' names. There's always a joke about whoever winds up with the blank Scrabble piece charm.

I keep cocktail umbrellas, swizzle sticks and my wine charms together, so I can easily display them in glass plates or a party serving tray alongside cherries or olives - depending on what drinks are being served. It's just an easy way to add a personal touch to your party. During this holiday party season, it's been great having these charms on-hand. They make an easy, yet impressive arrangement.

Another idea, which I stole form my family Christmas parties, is having guests grab numbered wine charms from a hat. Your chosen charm number determines your order in the white elephant gift exchange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange). You could also put everyone's letter charm in a hat, to determine the winner in a raffle or the winner of a different game.


These can turn an ordinary bottle of wine into a unique, special gift. I like to tie a bow around the bottle with twine or ribbon, with a few wine charms and a personalized gift tag hanging from the twine. If you're really feeling crafty, you could even adhere a personalized wine label from a site like: http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Free_Printable_Wine_Labels.

Check out our wine charms at www.CharmsCityCompany.com. We just added the numbered charms to our site. We also have a limited selection of vintage letter charms, pictured above on the left. Email us at CharmsCityCompany@gmail.com to inquire about those.

No comments:

Post a Comment